Leazes Park was opened in 1873 and is the oldest park on Tyneside. Being close to Newcastle City Centre, Leazes Park is a haven for people and wildlife away from the harshness of the built environment.
Leazes Park is open at all times.
Leazes Park is in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, the main entrance is on Richardson Road.
Leazes Park has a variety of facilities including tennis courts, a basketball ball court, bowling green, children’s play area and fishing lake.
There is a tennis club based at the park. For more information, visit the Leazes Park Tennis Club webpage.
There is also an active angling association who manage the fish stocks and organise competitions on the lake. For more information, visit the Leazes Angling webpage.
Springbank Bowls Club is also based in the park. To find out more contact Manny Miller on 0191 267 8753.
Café and restaurant
Tower Café operates the park café.
Public toilets are available within the park.
The park has 3 disabled parking bays for Blue Badge Holders.
How to get to Leazes Park
The nearest metro stations are Haymarket and St James.
The nearest bus stops to Leazes Park are on Richardson Road, or Barrack Road. Alternatively, Haymarket and Eldon Square Bus Stations are a 5-10 minute walk from the park.
Follow signs to the RVI (Royal Victoria Infirmary) and then the Leazes Wing which brings you onto Richardson Road. The entrance to Leazes Park is a few yards south of the RVI Leazes Wing entrance.
The park has a small Pay & Display car park.
The Friends of Leazes Park aim to encourage local residents to become involved in the maintenance and improvement of the park. For more information, visit the Friends of Leazes Park Facebook page.